Eight classes of instruction (two days per week for four weeks, or one day a week for eight weeks). Starts the week of July 3
The Sprockids Program teaches:
- How to mountain bike – 55 skills over 4 program levels
- How to maintain your bike
- Environmental stewardship
- Trail safety and trail building
Sprockids is based on the following principles:
- Teaches four skills areas for cycling: Safety, Etiquette, Riding Skills, and Bicycle Maintenance.
- Participants progress in all areas at their own pace.
- Everyone participates.
- No one sits on the bench.
- Participants record progress in their personal “Passport”
- Trained leaders instruct and evaluate.
- Teaches life skills – goal setting, problem solving, decision making.
- Develops a healthy, positive philosophy to cycling and learning as lifelong activities.
- Promotes values – respect for others, empathy, appreciation and responsibility for the environment.
It’s not just for kids!
Parents, mountain biking is one of the few activities you can physically DO WITH your children. Rather than just driving them to the rink and watching you can actually participate with your children and experience the excitement of mountain biking right along with them. You will connect with your children on a very real and meaningful level, while rediscovering the child within yourself.
- Sprockids Passport
- Membership card
- Safety Whistle
- Bicycle Chain Lube
- Sprockids Stickers
- Sprockids T-shirt
- Ryder Sunglasses
- Training from a certified Sprockids Leader on the 55 skills of Mountain Biking